So, you’ve taken the plunge into sustainable fashion and swapping by downloading Bandi. Firstly, congrats to you! Sometimes, the first step is the hardest, and we’re so happy you’ve started your swapping journey with us. We want swapping to be as easy and anxiety-free as possible, and to do that, we’ve created this guide that will take you through every (and we mean every) step of the process to put your mind at ease.
Ready to swap? Open up your Bandi App, and let’s get into it.
- Click the “Get Started” Button
- Pop your email into the box, so we have somewhere to contact you about your swaps!
- Create your account. Your email should already be in the first box, so go ahead and think of a strong password, then add your first and last name to the following boxes
Create Your Account
- Add a picture! We want to see your lovely faces.
- Write a short bio. Tell us about you, and don’t forget to put in your style, as this can help other swappers know if you’d be a good match. For example: “I’m a skater and surfer who loves anything oversized or vintage! Really into quirky jumpers at the moment.”
- Scroll down and you’ll be able to select what wardrobes you’d want to see. There are “Men’s”, “Women’s” and “Any”. Choose whichever you fancy.
- To make sure you get the best matches, put in your sizes so other swappers can see if you’d be a good match.
- We use EVRI (previously Hermes) to ship all your swaps, put in your address and select the correct one to make sure your swaps get delivered to the right place.
Building Your Profile and Wardrobe
Your account is live! Now it’s time to start adding your clothes.
- Click the “+” Symbol to get started, as without any items, you won’t be able to get matches!
- Think of this bit like uploading an Instagram post. You can select up to eight images/videos of your clothes from your library, or you can take them in-app.
- Give your item a name and a quick description. Make sure to point out any flaws or cool features that you want other people to know about.
- Then it’s time to get into specifics. Select who you think it’s for and go through each category below to make sure your item is put into the right places.
- Add it to your wardrobe and repeat the process until your wardrobe is looking ✨fresh
Now your wardrobe is full of clothes, ready to be swapped, it’s time to get matching.
- Head over to the Explore Page
- Ever used Tinder? Well, it’s a bit like that. Scroll through each swapper’s wardrobe and if you like what you see, click the Tick. If it’s not quite your vibe, click the Cross.
- Have fun clicking through until you get a match, and then head over to their wardrobe to look through all their items.
Making The Swap
- Once you’ve found something you’d like to swap, simply go on the item and click “Add to Swap”.
- Your match will be notified of your request so they can check out your clothes to find something they’d like in return.
- At this point, feel free to use the chat function to ask any questions you might have, or if you’d like to add another item, agree on it with the other swapper.
- Finally, approve the swap!
Posting Your Swap
It’s officially the part where you get excited, as you’re about to make your first swap. *insert round of applause here*
- You can find your agreed swap on your Matches page, where you will be prompted to pay for postage.
- Go ahead and pay for the postage.
- Once both of you have paid, you’ll be given a barcode that we’d recommend screenshotting, so it’s ready to go.
- Securely package your swap using The Bandi Bag if you want extra sustainable points, and head to your local EVRI Parcelshop.
- Once you get to the Parcelshop, you’ll find a little EVRI machine where you can select “Send an Item”, and then you’ll be able to scan your barcode.
- The label will print automatically, so just attach it to your package and head over to the lovely person behind the counter who will scan and take the parcel off your hands.
- Make sure you keep the receipt until your swap is complete!
Now, all you have to do is sit back, imagine all the outfits you’re going to wear with your new swap, and wait for it to arrive at your doorstep.
(Oh, and tag us in all your grams @bandi_app #swapwithbandi 😉)